Forum Replies Created
I just added this line of code to the members.php file under where I commented the Activity information and it worked like a charm!
//Add the Company information to the members loop
bp_member_profile_data( ‘field=Company’ );
Found it! I needed to make the change to my-child-theme-directory/buddypress/groups/single/members.php instead of the members-loop.php in my-child-theme-directory/buddypress/members/.
That took a while but glad I was able to find it. Now instead of the Activity information I want to display the Company field which is a custom field. I think I saw the code to do this and will try it tomorrow but it should be pretty straight forward right?
Thanks again for all your help!!
Here are the items that I’ve tried based on your previous suggestion:
– Add text to different parts of the members-loop.php file and it doesn’t show up
– Where it calls the page in the members/index.php I’ve commented that call out:
<div id=”members-dir-list” class=”members dir-list”>
<?php /* bp_get_template_part( ‘members/members-loop’ ); */ ?>
</div><!– #members-dir-list –>
– Checked the plugins/bp-custom.php that I created and removed the code in that file.
– Disable all the plugins that are attached to BuddyPress
– Renamed the members folders in the following locations to members2 to see if it affected displaying the members and it doesn’t seem like it references any of the locations: buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/, buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/ and my-child-theme-directory/buddypress/members/
– The last thing I tried was to copy the buddypress/ folder into the WP 2013 theme and run it through that completely and still I don’t see the changes. Even after I change the theme to the BuddyPress Default theme and update members-loop.php it still shows that information.
Not sure what else to try :P. Thank you for all your help so far! I’m very stumped!
That was great thinking! I tried to enable 2013 with the change made to members-loop.php with no luck. It still shows the Activity.
The theme that I am using is not a true BuddyPress theme. It’s just a normal WordPress theme but I know that shouldn’t really matter for what we are talking about I don’t think.
I’ve also tried changing it in the bp-themes/bp-default/ which I believe is not really used anymore correct?
Thank you so much! Any other suggestions?
@kmw1130 … I’m having the same issue. Just trying to comment out the activity of the users that show up in the list for a specific group. Any changes I make to members-loop.php are not showing up. Not sure if I’m updating the correct file myself to make this change.
Does anyone know how or where to make changes to the members-loop.php file so they show up in the latest version of BuddyPress?
Thank you so much!
So a member that is in a private group and not a member of any other group can be seen in the members directory of the site? If so, is there a way to restrict this so that no one can see a complete list of members?
Also, I’ve created three private groups. As the Group Administrator of all three groups, when I look at the groups I see there are three groups but it doesn’t list them out which I think is strange since I’m the administrator. I go to the page that I’ve set as the default Group page in the settings.
Thanks for your help!