Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

2.2 top features

• OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

Have you tried BuddyPress 2.1.1? In one word, it is awesome.

People may disagree, but I feel that with 2.0 and 2.1, BuddyPress has finally started coming into its own. A few of the features added/improved in these versions are:

• Completely reworked and totally cool @mentions
    • New profile field types: URL, Number
    • Automatically downloaded translations
    • User Profile editing via Dashboard > Users
    • User management – Pending and Spam
    • Much, much faster

Now, time to gear up for BuddyPress 2.2, scheduled for release on Christmas eve. Some key items billed for this release are:

• #787 Link profile field data more smartly
    • #2086 Make slugs translatable
    • #5451 Groups query overhaul

What would you like to see in 2.2? I’ll kick open the floodgates with my Christmas Wishlist (are you listening Santa a.k.a. @johnjamesjacoby @boonebgorges @djpaul @imath ?)

• #4132 Account activation revamp and #5583 Simplify registration
    • #4539 Member photo galleries
    • #5564 Member search / Directory filters
    • #4126 Allow admin to select fields to display in user “excerps” on Groups’ user list page
    • #5500 Date xprofile field enhancement
    • #5502 Custom xprofile field: Address and #5496 Friends/Members near me
    • #5625 Use wp_editor for “multi line text area” xprofile field in frontend
    • #4357: Merge BuddyPress & bbPress user profiles
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • It’s that time again isn’t it @sooskriszta for your wish list πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

I would leave out the @mentions on individuals they can be irritating.

As you have created tickets for all your wish list items I’m sure they’ll receive consideration so perhaps these forum posts are unnecessary?

danbp

@danbp

@sooskriszta

thank you for this wishlist ! πŸ˜‰
    The in #4539 related Mediapress is a great feature (still in beta, but promise full).

I installed it yesterday for intense test. πŸ˜‰

Not sure where you got Christmas from, but we’re aiming for 2.2 to be released on 28 Jan 2015. πŸ™‚

I also want to clarify that everything in the 2.2 milestone trac just happens to be there. It’s not accurate yet. Once we set scope for the 2.2 release, we’ll move everything else to 2.3 and beyond.

We should have more or less settled on major features by October 25th (just after WordCamp San Francisco). Keep on eye on bpdevel.wordpress.com; I’ll come back and post here if I remember.

OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

hnla:

It’s that time again isn’t it @sooskriszta for your wish list

Exactement, Hastings.

hnla:

I would leave out the @mentions on individuals they can be irritating.

Agree 100%. Honest mistake. Didn’t intend to @mention. Just force of habit.

hnla:

As you have created tickets for all your wish list items I’m sure they’ll receive consideration so perhaps these forum posts are unnecessary?

I’m sure they will. But:
    1. I have lots of tickets, I wanted to have a look at my priorities
    2. My wishlist often includes others’ tickets as well.
    3. This topic isn’t just about me. I also want to hear about other’s top wishes, and I want core team to hear them as well.
    4. C’mon, this is a fun “tradition”

djpaul:

Not sure where you got Christmas from

From that old liar, the trac roadmap https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/roadmap
    I also recall something to that effect being mentioned in a devchat. Though I also recall scope finalization date being set to end of WCSF…

OC2PS
    Participant

@sooskriszta

danbp:

The in #4539 related Mediapress is a great feature (still in beta, but promise full).

I installed it yesterday for intense test. πŸ˜‰

Do share the results of your tests.

donburikun
    Participant

@donburikun

Loving Buddypress 2.1.1. My only big request would be with regard to Private messaging:

1. Allow users to ignore (silently block) users from private messaging them. For example, if you receive a PM from a user you do not wish to converse with (troll, spammer or some other form of harassment) you can simply click “ignore” or “block” to block this user(s). The offending user is not made aware of this and future PM’s send by this person are simply not seen by the recipient while keeping the offender unaware.

Users can edit their block/ignore list to remove/add users from it.

2. Provide site admins the option to prevent users from PM’ing multiple users at the same time.

That’s pretty much it. A simple request that would have a positive impact IMO. Looking forward to the next release. TThanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘2.2 top features’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar