Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

2 Things Changing admin bar "Myblogs" to "Pages", and …

• vito687
    Participant

@vito687

I need to change the “My Blogs” to say “pages” also, when using other themes for these blogs, on the default themes such as classic and default the admin bar appears but when I try to use a different theme it wont, how do I make this appear ?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• vito687
    Participant

@vito687

ok solved my second question, just missing <?php wp_footer() ?> but I still need to change the word My blogs, as well as the slug for it

edit* I changed all the slugs also, now I just need to change the admin bar and im set

vito687
    Participant

@vito687

Okay final question, I edited the core to change “My blogs” maybe there is an update proof way of doing this, my final edit is I need to remove the “blog” option under “my account” in the admin bar any help would be appreciated thanks and if there is an easier way please let me know!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Firstly, in response to the post you made that got me here (which I deleted out of respect for the topic starter,) please don’t ask for help in someone else’s topic. Everyone’s questions hold the same water here, and we’re all drinking from the same cup. I have no idea what that means, but it sounds like a good analogy. :)

If what you want to do is replace the word “Blog” all through-out a BuddyPress install, you’re going to need to modify the template in a few places, as well as some core files that gettext that out for you.

I haven’t really tried tricking the gettext into translating specific words for me, but I bet it’s possible to do, albeit probably not easily.

vito687
    Participant

@vito687

firstly if we are all drinking from the same cup, sounds like communion, kind of icky. Secondly I have changed everything except for the blog option under the admin bar under “My account” so thats the only one I have left to change, I even changed the slug

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2 Things Changing admin bar "Myblogs" to "Pages", and …’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar