Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

404 error one Buddypress installation

• HI,

I have fresh copy of WordPress Single 3.1.3 installed with Buddypress latest. Problem is wordpress is working fine but when I activate Buddypress and change permalinks. But none of its links- activity, group, members, forums etc works showing 404 error. So i was checking other forums and based on that i copies .htaccess file in wordpress core directory and buddypress plugin folders, but after that too Same issue with buddypress.

Then I realized the permalink structure is “almost pretty” as mentioned on other forums i.e. /index.php/ is missing in all buddypress urls. I am not sure how to let buddypress update these links.

Another issue is when i add index.php in links with member profile it goes back to index.php/members page only.

My site is community.tejaswi.biz

If anyone can help let me know as have been trying from last 3 days and there no solutions in any of the forum.

Thanks

Vishal

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Apparently there are some known problems with BuddyPress and “almost pretty” permalinks like index.php/whatevers. @djpaul was looking into it last year, and IIRC his quick ‘hack’ was to pull index.php from the permalinks and use .htaccess to work around it. Though I don’t know what your .htaccess would look like for that :(

I spent another five hours today trying to figure out a way to get this fixed for BuddyPress 1.3, I couldn’t figure out a solution that worked in all situations. It’s pretty much the same problem as https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1726

But……. https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/2299/iis.patch

If you can try that, @tejaswi2008, and either comment here or on https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2299/ that the patch there works, I’ll drop that into BuddyPress 1.3. I don’t know how to force my dev installations to use almost pretty permalinks, so I can’t test it.

amanda.everse@gmail.com

@amandaeversegmailcom

The iis.patch DID NOT work for me. I’ve looked everywhere for a solution. None yet. Hope someone can post an answer soon.

Hi Amanda,

It’s quite simple to fix from inside the theme editor.
    Once you have changed the permalink structure to something other than default…

> Appearance > Editor > Header (header.php)

Find ‘

Shit. This forum deleted the code that I typed, and won’t let me edit the post.

You need to go into the editor, and change the header.php.
    Find the section of code that relates to the navigation bar, and change the forward slash ‘/’ to ‘/index.php/’.

I wish I could write the code here, but the forum deletes it. Sorry

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@tomchurch wrap code between backticks “`

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘404 error one Buddypress installation’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar