Categories
Search
Bottom

[Resolved] 500 internal server error after installing buddypress

• EscapandoDelSistema
    Participant

@escapandodelsistema

Hi
    I’m using version 4.1 of wordpress on http://www.escapandodelsistema.com/grupo and when i activate the plugin BuddyPress version 2.2.0 the system its giving me the 500 internal server error.
    I was able to fix the problem by using ftp to deactivate the plugins and then i tried again, i was able to activate the plugin first and it worked fine but when i activated the other plugins it showed the same error again.
    This is a list of the plugins that i have installed:
    Add From Server
    Version 3.2.0.3 | By Dion Hulse

Akismet
    Version 3.0.4 | By Automattic

CookieMonster
    Version 1.3 | By gsmith

Jetpack by WordPress.com
    Version 3.3.1 | By Automattic

Lightweight Social Icons
    Version 0.2 | By Thomas Usborne

MOJO Marketplace
    Version 0.6.0 | By Mike Hansen

OptimizeMember
    Version 1.1.1 | By OptimizePress

OptimizePress
    Version 2.3.4.3 | By OptimizePress

TinyMCE Advanced
    Version 4.1.7 | By Andrew Ozz

W3 Total Cache
    Version 0.9.4.1 | By Frederick Townes

WordPress SEO
    Version 1.7.1 | By Team Yoast

I really need to install BuddyPress but i’m not able to find the problem can someone please help me with this?

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• djsteveb
    Participant

@djsteveb

@escapandodelsistema – so you disable all plugins, then enable buddypress. Open your site in a new tab, it works… then go to your first tab and enable your first plugin “Add From Server” – then go to your other open tab, refresh page.. do this for each plugin until you find the one that is causing the 500 error.

you may find it is one plugin that is the issue, or you may find that it is a combo of three plugins that cause the problem. Odds are you are going to have to hunt down the other problem plugin author for help.

EscapandoDelSistema
    Participant

@escapandodelsistema

i tried to do that but its giving me the error with random plugins, sometimes it shows after activating buddypress and then it shows after i activate another one

EscapandoDelSistema
    Participant

@escapandodelsistema

It turned out to be a memory problem and my hosting company was able to fix it

Thanks a lot for your help!

777777777//////////////777777777777777777//////////////////

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Support.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. The memory limit was set to 32M in the php.ini file. This is the reason you received the error while activating the plugins. Now, I have set it to 128M at

srinivas08
    Participant

@srinivas08

500 Internal error may be problem of your code in htaccess in root domain,
    I have also faced this problem , later i found to be a htaccess problem.. Also may be your hosting problem ..

Admin @ Wapmasterszone.com

rosyteddy
    Participant

@rosyteddy

Maybe WP installer should check php.ini for memory limit and
    refuse to get installed or
    get installed with warning.

Thanks to @escapandodelsistema for the information.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] 500 internal server error after installing buddypress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar