AJAX on group extension admin page
I’ve come across a weird issue with AJAX (jquery) calls from the admin page of a group extension and I’ve been looking for a solution for a few days now without much luck.
I have a child theme of the BP Default theme and a group extension that loads and displays data depending on user selection. This was all working fine in BP 1.5.2 / WP 3.4.1. Since updating to BP 1.7.2 and WP 3.5.1 this no longer works correctly. Instead of loading/displaying the data it supposed to it loads and displays the full html of the admin page again.
In order to debug this I’ve tried the following:
1. Clean install of WordPress 3.5.1 with Buddypress 1.7.2 the only activated plugin
2. Activated TwentyTwelve theme
3. Added a basic group extension to the theme’s functions.php. This extension only contains a link on the group admin page and does nothing else.
4. Registered a simple “Hello World” ajax function in functions.php
-> Testing this at this stage works fine and the output is “Hello World” as expected.
-> Testing this the output is now the full html of current admin page again instead of “Hello World”.
Has anyone else come across this problem?
Is this a bug within the BP default theme?
- The topic ‘AJAX on group extension admin page’ is closed to new replies.