bbpress forums / sidebar. Need Help Please! :)
I have buddypress installed alongside the theme “Platform Pro” (the site Im talking about is: http://www.doghousegamer.com/testsite) I have the bbpress forums installed (http://www.doghousegamer.com/testsite/forums/) however I would like to make them span the full width of the page. Much like my Terms of Service page located @ http://www.doghousegamer.com/testsite/about/terms-of-service/
The way I made that page span the full length is by using Platform Pro’s page meta settings in the “create/edit page section of the dashboard” – however since the forum page is automatically created by BuddyPress / BP Compatibility plugin, I don’t have access too the actual page and cant change the page using the meta settings.
So my question is; how do I do this?!
Thanks in advance,
@jonobradley you would have to download the BP template files transferred to your active WP theme.
Then, manually super-impose the HTML structure of your theme’s onto said BP template files
After which, upload revised files to your theme folder in server
Some helpful hints at https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/bp-template-pack-walkthrough-level-easy-2/
Thanks for the advice. I’ve tried it out and I’ve hit a few road blocks.
page.php has nothing in it other than:
So I’ve gone into index.php to get the structure and I have this (as the page says I should):
However there is no div id footer tags. After all `
` for the content and container comes these tags:
That structure is the same throughout the 13 files the webpage tells me to edit. I am edit the top tags so they look like:
But because I can take the sidebar part out it does nothing for the page.
Any more suggestions?
Yes, I suggest that you check Platform Pro theme forums or documentation and see whether the theme lives up to the “buddypress” tag, which should include at the very least providing the markup necessary to use on BP template pack files – 2 col or 3 col per your choice.
I checked the free version in WP theme repo and content of index.php contains basically the same `setup_pagelines_template();` so you can’t tell till you look at page source code online and then eliminate the header and footer markups to find out which markup you need for the BP template files – which can be overwhelming for many.
I’m sorry- you’ve confused me a good deal with that last post. Anyway you can explain in more “lamens terms”?
@jonobradley two points mainly:
1. Platform theme should not have been tagged buddypress at all. I agree with Boone – https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/cant-get-to-bp-from-wp/#post-100830
2. As to the HTML part. Since you want to use that theme, you would have to check theme’s
– header.php (from up to what HTML tag is covered by this file) and
– footer.php ( from what HTML tag to closing is covered by this file) then
– look at source code of your site online, copy it and delete HTML covered by header.php then delete HTML covered by footer.php
– delete content area and what remains is the markup you will be using to impose on BP template pack files transferred to your active WP theme folder in server.
Since theme author has deigned to tag his theme as “buddypress” he should provide documentation on how it could truly be BuddyPress-compatible.
- The topic ‘bbpress forums / sidebar. Need Help Please! :)’ is closed to new replies.