Blank page after install Buddypress 1.1.2
I have tried to install BP 1.1.2 on WPMU 22.214.171.124 clean install.
After activate BP the blank screen appears. I have tried several reinstall without any luck.
This is a Hungarian internet provider and here is the phpinfo: http://openscope.org/phpinfo
thanks in advance your help
Other things stopping the DB tables being run is some sort of warning or error with PHP – often either a memory limit, CPU limitation, a problem with the web server itself, bad code or corrupt file.
1) Memory limit problem often reveals itself with “failed to allocate” in the apache/php error logs.
2) People have had mixed success running WPMU/BP on virtual hosted servers; I suppose it depends on the company you are using. If such an outside influence stopped activity *part way* through the BuddyPress installation, then you’d end up with a corrupt install. As a rule of thumb, avoid virtual hosted servers for WPMU/BP.
3) I’m a *unix man as far as web servers go, so I can’t talk for Windows. If you see “segfault” errors in WPMU/BP for Apache (or similar), you’ve probably got a library or versioning conflict — i.e. incompatibility between specific versions of PHP and MySQL, for example. These are really tricky to figure out what’s causing the problem, but if you’ve recently installed a new version of your web server/mysql/php etc, this could be why.
4) Bad code or corrupt file – how is everyone in this thread installing BuddyPress? Via the automatic plugin installer? If so, try to FTP files up to your server – or better yet, SSH and use a shell to install the files yourself.
I noticed a message in phpmyadmin. I asked my host and they replied:
This notice (below) means nothing, and will not cause any problems:
“Your PHP MySQL library version 5.1.30 differs from your MySQL server version 5.0.67. This may cause unpredictable behavior
Could this be your point no.3?
Probably only if you are seeing segfault errors or something like that in your web server/php/mysql error logs
Well, i checked. Where is no tables for buddypress, so problem somewhere in install.
I have dedicated server with ok resources, so i dont think its out of memory.
I installed (clean) wpmu 2.8.6 today and then buddypress. Its still white screen.
Ill try to install on other server tommorow.
Btw, can someone give me tables, so i can check if the problem with tables or not?
I uploaded wpmu and buddypress with FTP both.
UPD: apache logs:
[notice] child pid 25406 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
tried change php.ini = zero result.
I am having the same problem. I’ve traced it down to the fact that when the Buddypress plugin is activated the tables are not created. I started putting die() statements in bp-core.php and found that the install and check install functions were not running.
I went back to bp 1.0.3 and did the install and it worked. The tables were created. Here is my info:
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running?
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version?
no clean install
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
tried to install 1.1.3
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
came with it built in
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
In Apache I got:
[Sun Feb 14 10:51:51 2010] [notice] child pid 8139 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
or with different pid each time I tried to install
in php there was this in the log
[14-Feb-2010 09:45:54] PHP Notice: Constant DB_NAME already defined in /Users/chris/Sites/wpmu/wp-config.php on line 23
[14-Feb-2010 09:45:55] PHP Notice: Constant DB_USER already defined in /Users/chris/Sites/wpmu/wp-config.php on line 26
[14-Feb-2010 09:45:55] PHP Notice: Constant DB_PASSWORD already defined in /Users/chris/Sites/wpmu/wp-config.php on line 29
[14-Feb-2010 09:45:55] PHP Notice: Constant DB_HOST already defined in /Users/chris/Sites/wpmu/wp-config.php on line 32
[14-Feb-2010 09:45:55] PHP Notice: Constant VHOST already defined in /Users/chris/Sites/wpmu/wp-config.php on line 39
[14-Feb-2010 09:45:55] WordPress database error Table ‘wordpress.wp_blogs’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_blogs WHERE domain = ‘localhost.localdomain’ AND path = ‘/wpmu/’ made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once
[14-Feb-2010 09:45:55] WordPress database error Table ‘wordpress.wp_sitemeta’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE site_id = 1 AND meta_key = ‘site_name’ made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once, get_current_site_name
[14-Feb-2010 09:45:55] WordPress database error Table ‘wordpress.wp_blogs’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT blog_id FROM wp_blogs LIMIT 0,1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once
[14-Feb-2010 09:45:55] WordPress database error Table ‘wordpress.wp_sitemeta’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = ‘wpmu_sitewide_plugins’ AND site_id = 1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, get_site_option
[14-Feb-2010 09:45:55] WordPress database error Table ‘wordpress.wp_sitemeta’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = ‘active_sitewide_plugins’ AND site_id = 1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, apply_filters, call_user_func_array, mu_filter_plugins_list, get_site_option
14. Which company provides your hosting?
No hosting, I’m installing it locally on a MAC with MAMP
I also just had the white page and segmentation fault 11 error after installing WP 2.9.2 and then BP 1.2, on MAMP (which was already running WP and WPMU fine).
Fixed it by upgrading MAMP to the latest, then all was well. Guess BP is fussy on versions. Hope this works for you too!
Hello and sorry if I am messing up your cute little system here, but it is obvious that there is a major problem with buddypress SOMEWHERE and no one is doing a damn thing to figure it out.
We can post all our detailled information until we are blue in the face but it is clear that many people are having this problem on many different setup types and all I have seen anyone griping about posting questions “in the right format” do to those who have jumped through their hoops is ask people to fresh reinstall, clam up when people actually erase everything and start over with the same problem, and then accuse people who are actually TRYING to help of posting ‘bandaids’ to a problem no one you’re obviously disinclined to root out.
I’m not posting my information because I know it won’t make a damn, but I did want to post my $.02 in hopes that maybe it will motivate you to actually help all the people who are trying to tell you there is a problem.
It’s free, I get it, and I’m okay with that. It works for me but not on a client’s server. That sucks. What sucks more is that these people who actually went out of their way to get help and help others are being condescended. Bravo.
@krikette Know that 99.9% of those who help out here are volunteers who share their knowledge and skills whenever they can. There’s no obligation for anyone here to answer any question, yet many have generously guided newbies to site launch. There might be those who are arrogant, yet you’ll also find those who are very helpful, so kindly refrain from painting everyone with the same brush. The traffic of helpful volunteers is less than the traffic of newbies or those seeking help, so you can see the imbalance. You have to be patient yet persistent
== but it is obvious that there is a major problem with buddypress SOMEWHERE and no one is doing a damn thing to figure it out. ==
Unless you post what problem you’re having with your installation, no one can help you. I see that this is your fist post, and you are venting because … of unanswered questions by others before you? Many have successfully launched BuddyPress sites like those featured at http://www.bpinspire.com/ and your site could be featured there too if you think positively and learn what needs to be done to overcome the challenges that face you.
1. Read – https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/before-installing/
BP Codex is your friend https://codex.buddypress.org/home/
2. Use our site search or use Google search as the question could have already been answered in forums or in external sites.
3. Bumping topics frequently is a no-no. You can bump your topic if unanswered after 24 hours.
Sarcasm ? “sorry if I am messing up your cute little system here“
Just to emphasise what mercime has already covered this is a voluntary support forum this is an OS project if people choose to use the app then that is their choice there is absolutely no obligation on the part of anyone to provide support or help, yet an amazing amount of help is given to newbies trying to get sites up and running and often by people working professionally in this industry so it pays not to upset them or put them off offering that help.
A useful reference on how to post in general to boards is covered here:
and no this isn’t an attempt to condescend or patronise.
There IS NO generic problem with BP but it’s a complicated extension to WP and thus there are many issues that can arise, often these might manifest in a similar way but more often than not have a variety of actual causes, which is why detail on the issue is imperative in order to be able to help.
I’m going to close this thread as it is over a year old, and the title refers to the 1.1.2 release of BuddyPress. It’s not relevant to have a discussion about modern versions of BuddyPress in a topic for such an old version. Please create a new thread.
- The topic ‘Blank page after install Buddypress 1.1.2’ is closed to new replies.