[Resolved] bp 1.7, bbpress 2.2.4 & dissappearing Admin Bar
wp 3.5.1 bp 1.7 bbpress 2.2.4 & later 2.3 rc1
upgrading from 1.6.5 and to Group & Sitewide Forums
Theme – Child of BP Default
All on a local install to prepare to upgrade for online eventually.
A Slight glitch —> but not in BP Default —> only in the Child of BP Default Theme
It is the problem as mentioned by @buddyboss in this thread http://buddypress.org/support/topic/buddypress-1-7-is-now-available-2/
I did try
1) adding show_admin_bar( true ); in functions.php but no joy (emptied caches etc).
2) removed all functions from the child theme.
3) removed all functions except show_admin_bar( true ); from the child theme.
4) selectively removed items from the header.php file.
Have examined the sequence and it appears to me that the admin menu dissappears when you save settings on the last step of configuring bbpress.
(i.e step 6 of http://codex.buddypress.org/user/setting-up-a-new-installation/installing-group-and-sitewide-forums/ )
Have tried with bbpress 2.2.4 & later with bbpress 2.3 rc1
Would really appreciate some guidance as it really has outwitted me.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] bp 1.7, bbpress 2.2.4 & dissappearing Admin Bar’ is closed to new replies.