Buddybar issues with wordpress 4.1
I’m running (trying to) wordpress 4.1 with buddypress 2.1.1.
My wordpress runs in multisite subdomain mode.
I have read exhaustively, and the issue I’m having now seems to have been an issue of between 2 and 3 years ago – I haven’t seen posts from this year on this topic. Trying the old solutions have not solved my problem (outlined below):
1. On the left hand side, the wp toolbar appears to be overwriting the buddybar – clicking login takes one to the wp-admin page rather than a buddypress type login
2. The registration appears to be correct, but when one registers and logs in, the option to log in or register still appears in this bar
3. On the right hand side, even without logging in, there is a dropdown menu which allows one to visit a random member or a random group
4. I don’t think the items in the bar described above that is showing now are when I’m supposed to be seeing – in other words, I don’t think this is what buddy bar is supposed to be. I do get a buddybar in the wp-admin page which I think is more like what it is supposed to look like.
To answer the usual questions, yes, I have enabled user registrations (well, in multisite mode, I just used the last option, which is for all users to register, and they can register any sites); I have also include the following lines in the wp-config.php file:
define('BP_USE_WP_ADMIN_BAR', false );
My website is vibral.co.za if you want to try it out.
This has taken up a lot of time and I would sincerely appreciate any help in getting this sorted.
Thanks in advance
- The topic ‘Buddybar issues with wordpress 4.1’ is closed to new replies.