I’ve tried to use Buddypress on about 3 different websites over the past year. Each time I’ve been able to get it to work for a few days until some links are broken. Off the top of my head the link to the user is broken and always redirects to the home page. It works fine on my custom theme for this time but after the problem occurs it only works with the default buddypress theme. The theme is based off thematic and I’ve tried buddymatic and the default theme as well all with the same problem. I was able to correct the problem by deleting the tables from the database and reinstalling buddypress but this is only temporary.
I’m sure it has something to do with the theme but I don’t know what it could possibly be. There have been many other people with this problem but I wasn’t able to find a solution anywhere.