Buddypress Links from Activity Email not working
Redirects are leading to a blank page (header and sidebar’s are there but the actual activity is not displayed)
During an email notification of an activity, the link provided in the email is:
When you click the link it goes to
When it gets to this page the page is blank, it will have the header and sidebar and content space, but nothing appears in the content space.
An example of this is as follows:
The email gives this link:
The site redirects you to:
And the activity entry does not show at all
Is there a way to have the link redirect to just the activity page or how is this handled in the core
We have tried to update the .htaccess but the redirect is actually pretty ugly.
This is similar to the following posts (opened over a year ago, so I am just referencing them, since I am not sure if it was ever resolved)
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? Version 3.5.2
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
It is installed on the following path from the web root:
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
It is in a subdirectory:
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
AddThis Follow Widget
AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget
BP Activity Autoloader
BP Friends Suggestions Widget
BP Group Organizer
BP Members With Uploaded Avatars Widget
BP Resume Page
BuddyPress AddThis LS
BuddyPress Live Notification
BuddyPress login redirect
Buddypress Sitewide activity widget
BuddyPress Template Pack
Clean up wp_head
Clobber spam users
Community Activity On profile
Contact Form 7
Disqus Comment System
DRP WordPress User Management
DZS Video Gallery
Export Users to CSV
Facebook Friends Inviter
Facebook Like Activity Stream For BuddyPress
Google Analytics for WordPress
Jetpack by WordPress.com
JW Player 6 Plugin for WordPress
Manual Control for Jetpack
Prevent Password Reset
PunchTab for WordPress
Really Simple CAPTCHA
SSH SFTP Updater Support
TS Widget Pack
Use Google Libraries
Video SEO for WordPress SEO by Yoast
Viper’s Video Quicktags
White Label CMS
Widgetize pages Light
WP Hide Dashboard
WPMU DEV Dashboard
WP Status Notifier
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
Customized theme wpzoom’s magazinium with buddypress template pack installed
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
None that I can see in relation to this, no 404’s etc
14. Which company provides your hosting?
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else?
- The topic ‘Buddypress Links from Activity Email not working’ is closed to new replies.