Can’t create a group after update
Something is wonky with BuddyPress after the last update.
Shortly after the update I created a new group called Bible Study Methods (http://biblestudymethods.ferrisbaptistfellowship.org/). This new group took a little time to finally start displaying. In fact I had to go into mysql to change the URL for the blog for it to start working. Now is displays the home page but it is missing the BuddyPress admin bar at the top. Plus, the navigation will only display the home page and nothing else.
I tried to create another group with a blog but it will not do it correctly. I can start the creating process by completing steps 1 & 2 but then it gets stuck. If I click on enable group blog, the only choice is create a new blog and none of the member options are changeable. The previous step and next step buttons are in a strange place dangling at the lower portion of the screen. If I complete the process here’s what happens.
It creates a group and a blog but the blog has no name in the Network admin section. If you try to go to the blog it says there is a redirect loop. I also just noticed that the new blog is not a subdomain (i.e. testing.ferrisbaptistfellowship.org) but rather it is ferrisbaptistfellowship.org/groups/testing/blog.
Is this some setting I have overlooked? Do you know how to fix this?
Thanks for your help.
Theme: Genesis v.1.7.1
GenesisBuddy v. 1.2.2
1. WordPress v. 3.2.1
2. WordPress is the root install of my shared hosting package with Hostgator
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. I was already running the current version of WordPress
5. Yes, everything was functioning correctly before the upgrade
6. BuddyPress v. 1.2.10
7. I think I was previously using BuddyPress v. 1.2.9
8. The plugins that are currently active on the domain are:
BuddyPress Announce Group
Social Profiles Widget
WordPress Amazon Associate
The plugins that are currently active on the network are:
Biblefox for WordPress
BuddyPress Sitemap Generator
Flexi Pages Widget
Genesis Favicon uploader
Genesis Simple Edits
Genesis Simple Menus
Google Calendar Events
Multisite User Management
Tiny MCE Advanced
WPMU DEV Update Notifications
9. Genesis theme with the GenesisBuddy Add-on
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? No
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? No
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? We don’t use bbPress
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. My server Error Log file is empty
14. Which company provides your hosting? Hostgator
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? Linux
Did you upgrade from BP 1.2.9 or another version?
In my second post it says that I upgraded from BP v.1.2.9
@wendymerritt first thing I do when something is not kosher with install is to change to bp-default theme and deactivate all BP plugins except BuddyPress. Either theme or plugin is interfering with group creation.
@mercime That was it! When I activated the BP default theme I was able to create a group normally. Whew! After I created the groups I needed I just reactivated the theme again. I hope StudioPress gets the GenesisBuddy, Genesis theme plugin fixed so this won’t happen to anyone else.
Thanks for the advice!
- The topic ‘Can’t create a group after update’ is closed to new replies.