Changing Group from "Private" to "Public"
Not sure if this a Buddypress or a bbpress topic, so I’ll just start here…
I have Buddypress groups set up with group forums. I changed some groups (originally created as Private) to Public and new forum activity stopped showing up in the group updates (and also sitewide activity, since the groups were now public). They would only show up if I changed the groups back to Private.
However, a similar problem is not noticed if I change a group (originally created as a Public group) to Private. Any new topics/replies I create will continue showing in the group activity stream. I changed the setting between public/private several times and the updates show up either way.
1. Has anyone experienced a similar issue?
2. Does it appear to be a bug or am I mis-interpreting a functionality?
3. Any workarounds?
Details of my installation (in order):
1. Installed WordPress 3.9.2
2. Installed bbpress 2.5.4
3. Installed BuddyPress 2.0.2
4. Other Plugins: none
Thanks in advance!
- The topic ‘Changing Group from "Private" to "Public"’ is closed to new replies.