changing the tab order on BuddyPress Default 184.108.40.206
I can’t see where to edit the tab order in this theme. In my personal WP blog, it’s easy, but here, even though I give the pages numbers, there doesn’t seem to be any shift in what order the tabs appear on the screen. Also, is there an option to not display certain preset page tabs?
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running? —– WP 3.0, not MU, created a network instead following the guidelines provided by WP
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install? —– Don’t have MU, just WPBP as a directory install
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? —– subdirectory (i think)
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version? —– 2.9.2 (it’s a brand new installation, only 2 days old)
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. —– see above
6. Which version of BP are you running? —– 220.127.116.11
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? —– no
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? —– yes, here’s the list:
BP Blog Author Profile Link
BuddyPress Group Email Subscription
BuddyPress Profile Privacy
Fast and Secure Contact Form
One Quick Post
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? —– Buddypress Default 18.104.22.168
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? —– No
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? —– no
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? —– allowed BP to install built-in version
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. —– don’t know how to get those
14. Which company provides your hosting? —– Super Green Hosting
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? —– Apache
Try editing in header.php in your theme. If you look at bp-default theme>header.php, on line 46+ you can see the menu tabs, just re-arrange them to suit your needs.
Brilliant! Thanks nit3watch, I’ll give that a go.
If you do modify it, do it as a child theme: https://codex.buddypress.org/how-to-guides/building-a-buddypress-child-theme/
That way when you have to upgrade, your changes won’t get overwritten.
Ye was just giving it as a reference, thanks techguy for making it clearer
Sorry, you lost me techguy. I have child-theme Twenty Ten installed. Not sure though how to do what nit3watch suggested in the child theme.
If you edit bp-default, when you upgrade buddypress you will lose work done on bp-default.
Twenty ten is the wordpress default theme.
How to build a child theme: https://codex.buddypress.org/how-to-guides/building-a-buddypress-child-theme/
OK, I’ll take a look. Thanks so much
- The topic ‘changing the tab order on BuddyPress Default 22.214.171.124’ is closed to new replies.