Composing bug with new BP v2.5.2
I reported the issue many times and the issue still exists in BP v2.5.2
If I want to compose a new message and click on ‘Message | Compose’ from my welcome menu I get a form field for ‘Send To’. If enter there some letters BP shows me users (only friends connected). After clicking on a user found by BP the name will be placed but – unfortunately – not correct
I tested with WP standard themes and the BuddyBoss theme I use. Reported to the theme developer too but they also say it’s a BP bug.
I made a video already in my post for demonstrating the issue, see https://buddypress.org/support/topic/compose-private-message-issues-in-bp-v2-5-02-5-1/
Please can anyone confirm this bug too?
i tested and cannot confirm the described issue. The link of a name suggestion is normally
http://site-name/members/USERNAME/messages/compose/#and AJAX provide autocomplete CSS and username. Your slug contains the word ‘undefined’. No idea where it cames from… perhaps a js conflict somewhere.
Have you checked with different browsers ?
That said, i have some questions:
why do you say (only friends connected) ? By default, you can send a message to any of your friends – they don’t need to be connected. Did you enabled a special setting so you can only communicate with connected members ?
The other question is the strange output of Testleher example. The name comes up with additionnal (demo) and (lehrer). Are both member types or similar you added, manually or with a third party plugin ?
If you have a local test install, i would recommand you to install bp-default-data plugin and heavily test the message component, without any other plugins at first, and to activate the other plugins one by one.
The effect only exists if I am logged in as an admin or with admin role. With a normal user everything works fine.
Can you check this please?
I switched the WP languages from German to English and back, same issue.
now I found the issue and I find it verytricky, see screenshot http://www.screencast.com/t/wch3gyYV
I tested on my other site where users often use brackets in ‘Last Name’ field. Sometimes they change the ‘Last Name’ field because they change their degree to the fictive name. Because they do not have access to the backend, it happens that the ‘Display name publicity as’ field keeps the information of the ‘Nickname’ field.
This situation is responsable for the bug. As I deleted the brackets and last changed the ‘Display name publicity as’ field too, message composing worked like a charme.
It would be great if you could reproduce the issue I described.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.