How to Modify/Change a Buddypress/WordPress Account Activation Process
I’m developing a custom BuddyPress/WordPress Plugin. Here’s how a user would normally register.
1) A user registers as usual on registration page
2) His/Her account is deactivated till he/she clicks on activation link in his/her email
3) He/She is sent an activation link through the email he/she registered with
4) He/She activates his account by clicking on the link
I’d like to modify step 4 above so that even if the user clicks on the activation link, his/her account remains deactivated till he/she fills another form on the site for example, a custom survey form. Once this form is filled successfuly, the user can now be activated.
I’ll be programming the custom form myself so that it works the way I want it to, with wordpress/Buddypress actions/filters.
So my question is: How can you modify the WordPress/Buddypress activation Process so that the account remains deactivated till the user fill my custom form?
Here’s the main action that I intend to use and it fires as soon as the user clicks the buddypress account activation link in their email:
I’ll appreciate if someone can point in the right direction on modifying the Buddypress/Wordpress activation process.
Please help. This is where I’m stuck.
- The topic ‘How to Modify/Change a Buddypress/WordPress Account Activation Process’ is closed to new replies.