How to move forms to different pages
I am trying to move the ’email preferences’ and ‘profile settings’ pages into the WooCommerce my-account tabs. I have created tabs and have template files, and everything visually looks great. However functionally, not so great.
My issue is that the forms appear as they should, it’s just that they do not do anything – they don’t save or remember any data.
I have found a ‘sort of’ solution to this problem here, but it refers to moving the registration form. After following these instructions and adapting it to the forms I am trying to move, I still have no success. I trust that I’m on the right track, but perhaps I’m overlooking something? Here is the instructions for reference:
1. Copy the the contents of the bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/register.php into the new registration page template
2. At this point, the registration form will show up, but nothing will happen when we submit the form.
3. To solve that, we need to add a custom function to the “bp_screen” hook. In the custom function, we will paste the contents of the “bp_core_screen_signup” function. (located in bp-members/bp-members-screens.php)
4. Then, in our custom function, we will remove this
if ( ! bp_is_current_component( ‘register’ ) || bp_current_action() )
and put this
if ( !is_page( ‘your-page-slug’ ) || bp_current_action() )
5. Next, we’ll remove these lines:
bp_core_load_template( apply_filters( ‘bp_core_template_register’, array( ‘register’, ‘registration/register’ ) ) );
It will work now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.