How to: Upgrade from RC2 to 1.0
The upgrade from RC2 to 1.0 is quite simple.
1. Backup everything.
2. Deactivate BuddyPress.
3. There is a chance that WordPress will not detect version 1 as a new version because of some numbering issues when using RC numbers. If you do not see the update available sign, please delete BuddyPress and re-download it via the plugin browser.
4. Once you have downloaded and reactivated BuddyPress, if you are using the default themes, delete the /wp-content/bp-themes/ directory and copy the new version from /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes to /wp-content/
5. Head back to the admin area, and under the “BuddyPress > General Settings” make sure the “Default Member Theme” is selected to use, and hit the save button, even if it is.
6. You may need to re-activate and select the “home” theme too. This is because theme folder names have changed.
- The topic ‘How to: Upgrade from RC2 to 1.0’ is closed to new replies.