Is BuddyPress fit for my needs?
I need some specific but simple features on a new site. Can you tell me, if I should use my energy on setting up BuddyPress? Will it fit these needs:
- On the site, users must be able to sign up as a member.
When logged in:
- Members must be able to sign up for one or more classes.
- Admins must be able to administrate (add/edit) these classes and the attendees.
- A very important feature: Admins can send out e-mails to all attendees to a specific class. (If possible, the admin can choose a class and/or a specific person to send the e-mail to).
Every season the same classes will run once more (maybe with one extra or one less class). So admins should preferably be able to clear all attendees from classes when the season ends in some easy way; or the class should be disabled until next seasons sign-up starts.
Don’t worry about payment methods. No credit card / paypal or anything is needed on this site.
Preferably all this will happen front-end. If not possible, then admins can go back-end in the wordpress-admin-panel, but this is not the best practice.
(One extra nice feature would be to differ between admins and teachers. My idea was to make them all admins, but actually teachers only need the ability to send out e-mails. They shouldn’t have access to user and class administration. If not possible, then this is low priority)
I have read many good thinks about BuddyPress, but I have also already used a lot of time on wordpress plugins. I will change to BuddyPress, if someone can tell me, that the above is possible.
Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
- The topic ‘Is BuddyPress fit for my needs?’ is closed to new replies.