[Resolved] Is the "Forum" tab a custom profile tab?
I’m trying to problem solve an issue where my user’s posts aren’t showing up in Activity. Is the profile tab “Forums” that shows a member’s forum posts a default BuddyPress tab or is it custom for this site? If I don’t have it in my BuddyPress theme, does that mean it’s an issue with my theme?
Thanks for any assistance on this.
the answer is: NO, but can you provide some details about your install please ?
Thanks for your quick response, @danbp. I did not include the support information, because I just needed an answer to my simple question; didn’t think anyone would be able to help me with my actual issue, since I am using Simple Press and not bbPress.
Simple Press has a BuddyPress plugin, that integrates some of the functionality of their forums into the BuddyPress activity, and allows the forum owner to elect to use the BuddyPress profile, for example, over the SP one. But I am not seeing any forum posts in activity. I contacted them, but I also was not seeing the forum tab like I see here. I was here for a separate issue, and noticed that forum tab, so I opened this topic to ask about the tab.
Maybe that tab disappears if bbPress is not active, I’m not sure, but I really thought I remembered with the bbPress forums that my member’s posts were mixed in with all the other sitewide activity, and I don’t remember ever seeing a forum tab. I’m on my second BuddyPress supported theme; the first was Custom Community, and now I’m using Matheson.
I’m familiar with how to set up BuddyPress, but thanks for the links. Here is the rest of the info, in case it helps:
1. Which version of WordPress are you running? 4.0
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? If this is either or, than it’s a directory install
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? Again, not sure of the question. My url points to the root wordpress folder, but that folder is not in the root of my server, but a few folders in.
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? Have had WordPress and upgraded every release for a couple of years
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Yes.
6. Which version of BP are you running? 2.1.1
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? 2.1.0? I don’t know, the same: Have had BuddyPress for at least a year, upgrade it as releases come out.
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
(Ones followed by asterisk are not active, since I’m not committed yet to Simple Press. Others I’m getting around to testing, or only use occasionally. Yes, I know it’s a lot.)
Add New Default Avatar
bbp buddypress profile information *
bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab *
bbPress Go To First Unread Post *
bbPress Stay Checked *
bbP Signature *
Black Studio TinyMCE Widget
BuddyPress Groups Extras *
Content Aware Sidebars *
Email posts to subscribers *
Google Analytics by Yoast
NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster
Posts for Page Plugin
Simple: Press v5 Importer
Simple social share
SlideDeck 2 Lite *
Stop Registration Spam
Ultimate Posts Widget *
WP Ads Within Contents *
WP Custom Login
WP Overview (lite)
WP Symposium Toolbar
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? I am using Matheson, a theme listed as working with BuddyPress, and it is further customized via css by myself.
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? No.
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? I don’t think I have that file.
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? bbPress is deactivated, using Simple Press.
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. I’ve searched to try and find these, and I have no idea how to find them.
14. Which company provides your hosting? 1and1
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? If this might be relevant, I will try to find out. Think it’s Linux.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Is the "Forum" tab a custom profile tab?’ is closed to new replies.