Locally-hostable social-network: BuddyPress vs Drupal Commons
I’m comparing BuddyPress with Drupal Commons, to figure out which to use on my student-group site.
I’m a big time Drupal user/admin, but have used and administrated WordPress blogs in the past.
On top of the regular social-network features (add friends, see friends profile, see feed of friends updates, message friends) I need:
• Group functionality: Users can affiliate themselves to a certain group, to get notifications from them. Also events can be created by groups (by group-admin), and everyone is part of one group by default (for site-wide notifications).
• Event support: users can RSVP for an event on the site-wide calendar
• Users can express interest for an event to be held
• Donation support: users can donate, and when they do, it’s [optionally] added to there profile)
Which social-network package includes the aforementioned features?
If both, which has a better theme collection?
Thanks for all information,
FYI: And yes, I know that posting here will not give me an unbiased result, but at the same time, this is a niche software, so this is the best place to ask.
- The topic ‘Locally-hostable social-network: BuddyPress vs Drupal Commons’ is closed to new replies.