New Install, Several Mysterious Issues (usability)
Hi! I’m running the latest version of BP on the latest version of WP, and I’m having several issues I can’t nail down.
1. Pagination on member pages doesn’t work – clicking on next or a page number doesn’t do anything.
2. We’d tried BP earlier, but we’re a super active site, we unistalled because our load time was severely affected – old BP folders in our old theme files have cemented themselves in my server, and won’t allow me to delete, move or even change the permissions for the old files, so I can’t get rid of them.
3. There’s no submit button on the status messages.
4. I was unable to use bbpress, it would initialize correctly, but most of the buttons didn’t work. Like pagination, clicking caused no action at all.
We’re not using the BP default theme, I modified a different theme.
We’re using WP Total Cache, along with CloudFlare, for optimization.
Other plugins – SmushIt, WPTouch, CubePoints + BP integration, Edit Flow, Google Analytics, Google sitemaps, Jetpack, Fast Secure Contact form (Contact Form 7 allowed 20-30 spam contacts per day), UExtend Comment, Mood Thingy, Sexy Bookmarks, Wang Guard and wp-Typography. I’ve turned them all off an on to see if there was a conflict, and the issues remain under any configuration.
We’ve been using WP for over a year, and everything worked fine pre-BP install. My members really want all the features you can give, so any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated!
Site addy: http://persephonemagazine.com
- The topic ‘New Install, Several Mysterious Issues (usability)’ is closed to new replies.