None of the Pages work after fresh install
It looks like you haven’t activated your themes yet — there are two (one for the homepage and one for the members’ pages). Could that be the issue?
You’re looking at a .htaccess issue with your WPMU installation.
If you look at the root of your files, did WPMU create a .htaccess file? If not, rename the .htaccess.dist file to .htaccess and report back.
I am having the exact same issue. I had a .htaccess. I renamed .htaccess.dist also and had no luck. Any thoughts?
Are you using a custom theme or the included themes? If custom, then you’re missing the code in functions.php that is needed to route to the BuddyPress specific pages.
Copy the code out of bphome/functions.php and paste it into your themes’ functions.php file, and that should help out quite a bit.
I’m having the same issue.
when i click on Blog, Members, Groups, or Blogs there is a 404 error.
check it out: http://hetvoetbal.be/
i need help!
You Have seem to figured it out ikkeook. Care to show us how? I’m having the same problems over and over. Any one have a solution for this?
de server waarop ik het probeerde draaide niet op Apache maar Lighttpd. Dus rewriting urls via .htaccess gaat dan niet. I veranderde naar Apache an alles ging.
If you’re using a custom theme, you’re going to want to copy the code from the bphome functions.php into your custom theme, otherwise none of the BP specific virtual pages will exist.
Hmm have to figure out if i’m running on appache or not, no knowledge of that..
I am not using a custom theme yet so that’s not the problem (yet).
Any other tips?
I have the same problem
1. Which version of WPMU are you running?
2. Did you install WPMU as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WPMU? If so, from which version?
5. Was WPMU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress?
6. Which version of BuddyPress (BP) are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
I don’t know how to get that.
Only the first page and admin area works… all others pages, like blogs, users, profile, etc shows:
The requested URL /comunidade/blog was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I have the exact same list as augusto.vilarim. But I think I don’t have MU setup properly. I read in the README that I have to configure Apache in order for the mod_rewrite to work. I haven’t done anything with that. Could that be it? I only have no idea how to acces Apache..
I don’t config apache too… i’ll see it now… if i found one answer, i’ll post it here
Well, my apache is using mod_rewrite…
I see one thing… my apache version is 4.4.6
that’s a problem???
I might be a bit of a noob on this one but: how the view / adjust apache? is it on the server or with the hosting/database?
I solved my problem thanks to DjPaul here:
- The topic ‘None of the Pages work after fresh install’ is closed to new replies.