Odd blank sections in WP admin after installing BP
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running?
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version?
No – fresh install
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
No – fresh install
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
The standard default theme, unmodified
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
Not running bbPress
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
Haven’t managed to access them
14. Which company provides your hosting?
After a vanilla install of WordPress 2.9.2, and an automatic install of BP 1.2.3, when I navigate to some sections of the WP admin section (including Add New plugins, and General settings) the Buddypress Admin navbar gets whited out, and the pages don’t finish loading – so, for example, on the General settings page there is no way to submit changes, and on the Add New plugins the collection of plug-in tags doesn’t get loaded.
It doesn’t seem to be affecting the operation of the site in any other way, so I can live with it by fixing changes I want in General settings in the database instead – but it’s a bit worrying.
Any ideas as to what might be causing it would be gratefully received…
I’ve uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times, and have got exactly the same thing every time so far.
- The topic ‘Odd blank sections in WP admin after installing BP’ is closed to new replies.