Register Page Blank on Vanilla WP/BP Install
I’m new to BuddyPress and I’m having problems setting up the BuddyPress registration page. I’m hoping someone can help. When I installed BuddyPress it automatically created pages for me to link to the registration and activation components. However, when I go to the registration page http://slipbuddy.codeprimer.net/Register all I see is a page with the title “Register” and no other content. The default wordpress registration page (/register with a lower-case ‘r’) appears to work as expected, but there is no option in the admin menu to link BuddyPress to that page.
I’ve searched the forums and have come across users having similar problems, but the fix seems to have been to disable plugins / use default themes etc. I’ve just created a new site to try to isolate the issue using a vanilla WordPress 4.6.1 with only the BuddyPress 2.7.2 plugin installed. (The default Hello Dolly and Akismet plugins are showing up in the plugin list but not activated).
The steps I have taken are as follows
- Install WordPress via FTP (no site scripts)
- Ensure Pretty Permalinks are enabled (Day and Name)
- Enable Registration in Settings->General->Anyone Can Register
- Install BuddyPress plugin from plugins page
- Return to BuddyPress admin page and checked that all components are mapped to default WP pages created by BuddyPress
Thank you for your time!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.