Registration notification email not sent & captchas — BP 1.2 beta / WP 2.9.1
I just created a fresh install of both WP 2.91 and BP 1.2 beta on a testing/development subdomain. Everything seems to be working, with no error messages, but…I’ve encountered three problems:
1) When I register a new user, admin receives an email notifier, but the user never receives one. The username & password that are given at registration for the new user work, and the user can login, but they never get an email notice like they should.
2) After a new user is registered, they have a choice of uploading an avatar before login. If they do upload an avatar, and crop it if they want, the new avatar is loaded on the page and everything seems fine. But once they login, the new avatar is gone and the default avatar is there, so they have to repeat the process. Either this should be fixed, or the option to upload an avatar before logging in should be removed.
3) Wishing to add security to the registration process, I installed the WP-reCAPTCHA plugin for WP. Plugin was installed fine and configured correctly, with proper keys and the box selected to “Enable reCAPTCHA on registration form.” Everything appears fine, with no error messages, but the reCAPTCHA does not show up on the registration form.
1. Version: WP 2.9.1 & BP 1.2 beta (for WP/MU )
2. Installed on subdomain
3. Installed in root of subdomain
4. Fresh install, not an upgrade
- The topic ‘Registration notification email not sent & captchas — BP 1.2 beta / WP 2.9.1’ is closed to new replies.