1. Which version of WordPress are you running? => 3.3.2
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install? => Directory
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? => root
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version? => No
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. => Yes
6. Which version of BP are you running? => 1.5.5
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? => no
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones? => Yes, BP Photos+tags, BuddyPress Activity Plus, BuddyPress Like, Configure SMTP, and Peter’s Login Redirect. It should be noted that I disabled all of them in my troubleshooting process.
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? => Standard
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? => No
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? => No
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? => I believe it came with it.
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. => None (that’s part of the reason I can’t figure it out)
14. Which company provides your hosting? => Rackspace
15. Is your server running Windows, or if Linux; Apache, nginx or something else? => Linux
Sending an initial private message to a member works fine. But when I try to reply to a private message, it just hangs. Using Google Chrome’s developer tools, I saw that wp-load.php was failing with a 500 error but I see nothing in my apache logs and I have php logging turned on. Is there a way to disable ajax so that I might be able to better debug the problem?