[Resolved] Setting up BuddyPress / bbPress with my theme…
I’ve seen others with this issue, but never with a real solution. I’ve installed BuddyPress successfully via the wizard as well as a site-wide forums setup. But when I went to http://mysite/forums it keeps reverting back to the home page.
So I went to Settings > Forums to check out the bbPress settings and saw that under Archive Slugs, the Forums Base was set to Forums and had a conflict message beside it saying it conflicted with BuddyPress’ Forums page.
So I tried creating a new page called Discussions and in the BuddyPress > Pages area set the Discussion Forums page to my new Discussions page. Then when visiting http://mysite/discussions I see a static empty page.
So far the only way I can get this to work somewhat is to place the bbPress shortcode
on the Discussions page to get the forum to show up. I would prefer to have it simply work the way it was originally intended though.
Just to document, I’ve tried the following combinations:
1. BP forums page set to WP Forums page / bbPress slug set to Discussions = redirect issue
2. BP forums page set to WP Discussions page / bbPress slug set to Forums = blank forums page (no forums on the page)
3. BP forums page set to WP Forums page / bbPress option “Prefix your forum area with the Forum Base slug (Recommended)” UNCHECKED = redirect issue
4. As well as other combinations I can’t remember, but in all cases I either get a blank static page or a redirect. I just can’t get this to work like it’s supposed to unless i use the shortcode. BUT using the shorcode method, it’s as if BuddyPress Forums (bbPress) is not connected to my theme’s (Mingle) buddypress.css file to get the cool styling of Mingle’s CSS for buddypress. Plus I get the weird template file error when going to my theme options and layouts:
“Your active theme does not include bbPress template files. Your forums are using the default styling included with bbPress.”
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Setting up BuddyPress / bbPress with my theme…’ is closed to new replies.