Template name – white screen of death
I came across a case of white screen of death after upgrading my WordPress/Buddypress multisite install yesterday to latest versions. Basically, I realized that 2 pages that used to display fine suddenly started yielding a blank screen. All the other pages of the site kept displaying correctly.
After a few hours of troubleshooting, I narrowed down the problem to the name of the template file that is attached to the displayed page. The theme I am using is Classipress and the name of the template file is “tpl-membership-purchase.php”. If I rename the template file to something simpler, then the page displays as it should.
I checked as well that this was only happening if buddypress’ latest version was installed.
I managed to reproduce the problem by
– installing WP (latest release) + BP (latest release + all wizard default options)
– activating Twenty-eleven theme (no BP modification)
– creating a new (very basic) template fille called “tpl-membership-purchase.php”
– assigning the new template to a newly created page and display the page
- The topic ‘Template name – white screen of death’ is closed to new replies.