There was an error saving the group. Please try again
I get this error when trying to create a group, either in the backend of WP or via my user account: “There was an error saving the group. Please try again.” Functionality of buddypress seems extremely limited.
I had this same problem with WP 2.9.2 and was hoping it wouldn’t appear with WP 3.0. It has. I don’t know how Buddypress needs to be configured in order to work. The issue shows up with or without the default BP theme. (I’d prefer to use my regular WP theme using the BP Template Pack.)
Is there something specific I should check to see in my MySQL database? Another user receiving this error reported that some tables BP should have installed, weren’t.
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running?
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version?
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
Akismet Version 2.3.0
BuddyPress Template Pack Version 1.0.2
Google Analytics for WordPress Version 3.2.5
My Link Order Version 2.9.1
Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu Version 3.4.1
Secure and Accessible PHP Contact Form Version v.2.0WP B20081118
Twitter Widget Pro Version 2.2.0
WordPress.com Stats Version 1.7.2
WordPress Database Backup Version 2.2.2
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
plaintxtBlog 4.6.1 by Scott Allan Wallick (with BuddyPress Template Pack, Version 1.0.2)
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
no logs available on shared hosting
14. Which company provides your hosting?
Datarealm Internet Services, serve.com
- The topic ‘There was an error saving the group. Please try again’ is closed to new replies.