Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Top
Bottom

wait to update or install 1.1?

  • Profile photo of mattkern2
    mattkern2
    Participant

    @mattkern2

    I have been nurturing a simple install while a community I am starting is slowly coming online.

    It seems I have a hard date about 1 week from now that people will start showing up and I can’t just re-install every time I break something anymore.

    my question:

    1.1 seems to be a pretty big departure form 1.0 – should I just install the beta now and run with it or upgrade after its released?

    Since it is such a departure from 1.0 (mostly forums) will be able to upgrade without losing data from 1.0 to 1.1?

    Thanks

    Matt

    p.s. I also have been getting a ton of “server not found” on this site lately. Should I be worried?

    I had to create a second account to post this….

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of John James Jacoby
    John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

    @johnjamesjacoby

    If you’re keeping the same theme setup then upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1 is easy enough. If you plan on having a custom theme I’d say at least get familiar with 1.1 right away so you’re comfortable developing for it sooner than later.

    Profile photo of mattkern2
    mattkern2
    Participant

    @mattkern2

    Thanks John. If going from 1.0 to 1.1 is not too difficult I guess I will wait.

    as an aside, any idea why I can’t post in the forum under my actual account?

    https://buddypress.org/developers/mattkern/

    Profile photo of Andy Peatling
    Andy Peatling
    Keymaster

    @apeatling

    Matt: make sure you log out, and then log in with this form. See if you can then post.

    https://buddypress.org/forums/bb-login.php

    Profile photo of Matt Kern
    Matt Kern
    Participant

    @mattkern

    Hey Andy, that worked. I was able to post. I still got a 404 on the first pass, though.

    should I head to that link when I login?

    thanks

    Matt

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘wait to update or install 1.1?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar