Categories
Search
Bottom

500 and 404 errors on IIS 7.5

• Sejler
    Participant

@sejler

Hello

I’m been working on getting my new wordpress MU and buddypress website setup the past couple of days. I’ve come so far to have the site running, but took some time as I had to take care of the mod_rewrite module first.

This is my problem.

I’m getting 500 internal errors after you sign up to create a new blog. Everything is created though, and if you reload your taken to the correct page.

I’m getting 404 not found errors when sending messages to other users, when clicking view on activity updates, and when clicking groups. These are just the ones I’ve noticed until now.

This is my setup:

Windows 2008 Web Server R2

IIS 7.5

PHP 5.3

MySQL 5.1.42 Community

Microneavue Mod_rewrite

I hope somebody can help with a solution to the above problems.

Thanks a lot ina dvance

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Sejler
    Participant

@sejler

Anybody?

danbpfr
    Participant

@chouf1

Have you tried to use your WPMU alone at first ?

I recommand you to test anything in WPMU (creating blogs, users, sending mails, etc)

If all is ok, install buddypress and deactivate all the 7 BP plugins (buddypress ->options) exept one . View if it’s working, activate the second, and so on…

Windhamdavid
    Participant

@windhamdavid

you might try this ~ How to Install WordPress MU on IIS 7 on Windows 2008 Server, and I know there used to be quite a bit of rewrite mods for IIS 6 and there is plenty of information available to get in running in the MU forums

Sejler
    Participant

@sejler

Thanks will try it out

Sejler
    Participant

@sejler

Played around a bit with it, but still have the problems. Everything seems to work pretty good though, but I get a 404 error when clicking e.g. create group… I then get redirected to the correct page, when I click create group button after filling out the form I get the same 404 error, and then get redirected to the newly created group page.

Any ideas?? Please help.

“I get a 404 error when clicking e.g. create group… I then get redirected to the correct page, when I click create group button after filling out the form I get the same 404 error, and then get redirected to the newly created group page”

I am having exactly the same problem.

I am clicking a link such as view a status update and it is throwing a 404 error. It is then redirecting to the correct page. I think it is something to do with permalink structures.

rbaccaro
    Participant

@rbaccaro

I have the same issue, with create a group, edit profile and view activity.

Anyone?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘500 and 404 errors on IIS 7.5’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar