BuddyPress 2.2 Release Candidate 2 is now ready for testing. Please download the 2.2-rc2 zip or grab it from our Subversion repository if that’s your thing. Your help testing during this final week is greatly appreciated.
A detailed changelog will be part of our official release notes, but here’s our favorite changes that we want you to test. Use this report on Trac if you’d like a more detailed view.
- Member types will allow developers to register different types of users. (Think ‘teacher’ vs. ‘student’.)
- Post type activities will allow developers to connect custom post types to activity stream items.
- Numerous improvements to the Legacy template pack.
- Several new query API’s (based on WordPress improvements) for retrieving exactly the results you’re looking for.
- Continued cache enhancements, particularly for multi-site and multi-network WordPress configurations.
- Improved Group invitations UI.
- Tons of under-the-hood improvements.
- Increased coverage of inline code documentation, actions, & filters.
We’ve post-poned 2.2 for 1 week, and hope to release on February 4. Let us know about any issues you find in the support forums and/or on our development tracker, and we’ll be sure to get them fixed up right away!
Thanks again y’all, and we’re excited to release 2.2 next week!