BuddyPress 2.8.0 Beta 1 is packed with new features and enhancements and is now available for testing. You can download the BP 2.8.0-beta1 zip or get a copy via our Subversion repository. We’d love to have your feedback and testing help.
BuddyPress 2.8.0 requires PHP 5.3+, and will not be activated on a server with a lower version of PHP. We also remind you that BuddyPress 2.8.0 will require at least WordPress 4.3.
A detailed changelog will be part of our official release notes, but, until then, here’s a list of some of our favorite changes. (Check out this report on Trac for the full list.)
- BP Email: Allow end user to specify which PHPMailer should be used #7286
- Companion Stylesheet – Twentyseventeen #7338
- Minimum PHP version is 5.3 #7325, #7299
- Support List-Unsubscribe header in emails #7390
- Make group search more flexible #7418 and other groups improvements, like #7419, #7399, #7388, #7386, #7375
- Lots of new filters in various parts of the code, like #6667, #5193
- Lots of inline documentation tweaks and other fixes and improvements
Thanks everyone for all your help to date. We are excited to release BuddyPress 2.8.0 in February!