Hello BuddyPress contributors!
If you haven’t tested our first 11.0.0 beta release, here’s another opportunity to help us give the final touches to our next major release so that we make sure it will fit perfectly into your WordPress / BuddyPress specific configuration. Beta testing is very important and we need you all, whether you’re a regular or advanced user, a theme designer or a plugin author: please contribute!
Please note the plugin is still in development, so we recommend running this beta release on a testing site.
You can test BuddyPress 11.0.0-beta2 in 4 ways :
- Try the BP Beta Tester plugin.
- Download the beta here (zip file).
- Check out our SVN repository:
svn co https://buddypress.svn.wordpress.org/trunk/
- Clone our read-only Git repository:
git clone git://buddypress.git.wordpress.org/
The current target for final release is December 14, 2022 👈. We would greatly appreciate your help making sure this next major version of your community engine is as good as it can be.
Since beta1, we’ve fixed 12 new tickets and documented some important changes BP Themes or Plugins authors should definitely read:
- .webp support is arriving in BuddyPress 11.0.0
- The way BuddyPress loads deprecated code will change in version 11.0.0