Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

how to deactivate user including all his activity?

• I could not believe my eyes ! Nobody seem to have ever asked this basic question !??! Or is that search function that bad?

Anyways, how can one disable an user and make everything ever related to him and his previous activity dissapear (deactivated) from the activity stream and the members directory?

There is a role called “block user” but it does not do anything about the past activity, and stupidly enough the user keeps appearing the directory after being blocked (makes zero sense to me!)

So if you are spammed, got some black sheep feeding your community with BS, you can block them but not deactivate /hide their BS from the rest of the members !?? How much sense does that make ?!?!

I do not want to delete them, bacause I need to have a proof, for the “just in case” … if I delete them they vanish completely and I am left “empty” (would again make zero sense)

So which is the trick to deactivate a bad user including all his previous activity and his profile ?

Thank you

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• 4colourprogress
    Participant

@4colourprogress

You don’t want to delete them because of proof? lol that doesn’t make sense I dunno about the rest of it.

I take it you don’t have a terms & conditions on your site? If I was you I’d make an additional section on the registration page that users have to agree too before joining your site.

All you have to do then is put in the small print that you reserve the right to delete any profile and all content relating to that profile at your own discretion.

That way if any user complains you can just say it was in the T&C when they joined.

Cheers

it has nothing to do with the terms! if a user does smth wrong (spam, bad behaviour etc) if you delete him, it’s gone! So if he later on complains he was deleted abusively you will have NOTHING to prove it!

Imagine he starts doing that in forums, facebook, twitter etc. He IS the black sheep, but once I have deleted him, I have no proof of that anymore!

What is so difficult to understand here?!?

Your approach is really very simplistic, and provides no serious legal cover.

So I need to deactivate them, NOT delete them please!

4colourprogress
    Participant

@4colourprogress

A terms and conditions would provide all the legal cover you need? as the user has to agree to YOUR terms before even joining the site how is that hard to understand lol?

You could even do something as such;

Spamming or Trolling;

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
    Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the website
    Causing disturbances in groups, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
    Making non-constructive posts

If a user is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

Be given an initial warning and if the behaviour continues will be banned from the community.

If you’re worried about not having proof why not just backup the SQL database? Which you should be doing daily anyway.

funmi omoba
    Participant

@funmi-omoba

Honestly speaking , i think having deactivating option will be fantastic than delete. but i have never heard of that in BP. even users can only delete their account but cant deactivate it like you can do on facebook, leave the site for a while and once you login again you are back. the option you have for now it just to backup database for any proof you want and delete the user.

regards

n0ise
    Participant

@n0ise

+1

Any progress on this? some things are moving really slow or AT ALL with buddypress …

We need the option to DEACTIVATE a user please, not delete!

I don’t want them to be able to come next day and register with the same credentials and start the crap again.

Anyone?

Thanks

af3
    Participant

@af3

Anyone ? Pls help for this functionality. Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘how to deactivate user including all his activity?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar