Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Out of memory fatal error when installing Buddypress and the Spanish translation

• Hello all,

I am creating a new web with reviewit theme by Themeforest. Everything was fine until I activated Buddypress.
    In that moment I could see the next error messages in my Dashboard (in plugins, wordpress blog and incoming links text boxes):

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 31457280) (tried to allocate 1245184 bytes) in /homepages/34/d366089990/htdocs/comvayaplanazo/wordpress/wp-includes/class-simplepie.php on line 5410

Anyway, that was not affecting directly to the functionality of the web I am creating so I kept on and installed the Spanish translation for Buddypress (I am from Spain and the web is for local purposes). When I installed the translation I was unable to access my Dashboard and the wp-login screen.
    I got the next message:
    Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 31981568) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /homepages/34/d366089990/htdocs/comvayaplanazo/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-admin.php on line 221

I’ve been reading some posts about these memory errors and I tried to set the memory to 64MB in the config.php file and also in the htaccess file, but none of these solutions worked. I also tried it modifying the settings file. And I get the same messages.

Do you know how to solve this issue?

Thank you very much

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Check out other ways to increase memory limits here https://codex.buddypress.org/troubleshooting/blank-pages/

Sounds like you’ve tried the right thing (https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP). Try allocating more than 64Mb, or ask your host for help.

aces
    Participant

@aces

Who is your host?

my host is 1&1, I got the pack with 2 domains and 5 databases

aces
    Participant

@aces

1and1 is notorious for their memory issues – you need to talk to them.

I have had a problem with them in the UK but their new uk packages are supposed to come with 90 meg and this is supposed to apply to their older (equivalent) uk packages but tech support told me today that there is a glitch that they’re looking into.

It’s winding me up seeing that 1and1 appear to have increased the memory limit to 90 meg available (I can see it set – by them – within wordpress) but it isn’t working yet….

I don’t know if that applies to the spanish 1and1 though….

EDIT: I’ve just had a look at http://1and1.es and it’s their uk equivalent ‘dual’ hosting service i’m refering to

increased memory in the wp-config.php, I included this line at the beginning of the php

`define (‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’);`

also tried with 500MB and nothing happens…the errors still occur. :((

Thank you aces, I’ll talk to them anyway and shout a little. :P

aces
    Participant

@aces

They state in their uk faq (which i hope is now out of date) that none of the memory tricks will work…

What I would like to know is if this is also a problem with their new packages, not just with their old accounts….

I have just talked to 1&1. They told me that the memory tricks don’t work and that I am not allowed to do that. And if I want to solve that problem I can change to a better product with more memory, the new and more expensive ones have 60 and 90MB.
    The thing is that I have no clue how much memory I need… I want to install buddypress and create some profiles. The web is going to be a city guide for Madrid with reviews and photos.

Do you know if 60 MB or 90MB is enough?? Any other hosting supporting WordPress, MySQL databases, more memory and a reasobale price?

Thanks

aces
    Participant

@aces

Are you on the ‘Dual Perfect’ but only with 30meg?

My only experience has been with 30 meg which often, these days, isn’t enough to run wordpress on with not too many plugins…. I would have thought 60 would be just about enough…. – but maybe someone with more experience in that area could answer….

Unfortunately, 1&1 is full of crap. It’s not a trick, and it does work. Your third option is to find a better host.

freigeists84

@freigeists84

Fixed guys. At the end I had to buy the new product Dual Perfect that gives me more memory.

Thanks 4 your help!!

aces
    Participant

@aces

Thanks for coming back with your solution…. I wish more people would…

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Out of memory fatal error when installing Buddypress and the Spanish translation’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar