Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Facebook-like photo/video/link posting plugin

• Is there anything similar to Facebook’s status update UI that allows for posting of videos/images/links that can go directly to the users activity stream? I’ve checked out some of the top listed ones (Album+, easyalbums, media component) but they didn’t seem to fit right. And two of them required using specific third party services (booo).

Group Documents seemed like it might be close but the site I’m building isn’t using groups at all… just individual user profiles. Does anyone know of anything better suited to the Facebook-style status updater?

Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Selu Vega
    Participant

@bluelf

That will be a hit!!!

modemlooper

@modemlooper

There currently is no function like this. If you use the oEmbed plugin it will allow embedding pics and videos when you post activity updates.

noizeburger
    Participant

@noizeburger

I would also suggest oEmbed (for buddypress), or maybe Buddypress Links, which offers similar possibilities.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

BP Gallery plugin (paid) allows uploading media – images, audio, and/or video – in Activity Stream by individual user in addition to regular uploading in album section of BP site.

oEmbed for BP looks awesome. I’m going to build on that and hopefully have something modular I can add to the plugins directory. Thanks a lot for the responses.

Selu Vega
    Participant

@bluelf

I suggest to programmers to try one thing, on buddypress links when you introduce a link adress, the plugins detect rich media and fetch the address could be that de eureka of the matter if we could say to activity stream that each link get the same fetch and publish. Its not easy i guess, because im not really into programming, but I feel its the correct answer.

Ecoleautourdumonde

@ecoleautourdumonde

That will be great !!!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook-like photo/video/link posting plugin’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar