Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Welcome Pack enabled but doesn't seem to work

• PJ
    Participant

@pjnu

My install of BP 1.2 final on my WPMU doesn’t seem to work with the v1.6 Welcome Pack plugin. It activates fine, preferences save, but when new users join, they’re not welcomed with anything. Any ideas why it installs fine but doesn’t seem to work at welcoming new users? Thanks.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)

• Anton
    Participant

@antonrsaopencirclecoza

I installed the new welcome pack on a normal wp 2.9.1 and bp 1.2 installation but the option is not visible in the dashboard under “buddypress”. by going directly the Welcome pack link in the dashboard: admin.php?page=dp_welcomepack I get the error that I don’t have sufficient privileges to view the admin page.

The config’s been moved under “Settings” now.

My install of BP 1.2 final on my WPMU doesn’t seem to work with the v1.6 Welcome Pack plugin. It activates fine, preferences save, but when new users join, they’re not welcomed with anything. Any ideas why it installs fine but doesn’t seem to work at welcoming new users? Thanks.

pjnu – Works for me. What type of WordPress MU install do you have (example.com/blogs or blogs.example.com). Anythign in your error log? Emails not being caught as spam?

Anton
    Participant

@antonrsaopencirclecoza

Thanks DJPaul. I got it under settings.

I’ve got the same problem as pjnu. I’m running normal wp 2.9.2 and bp 1.2

geoffm33
    Participant

@geoffm33

I’ve installed Welcome Pack 1.6 in BP 1.2 and WP 2.9.2.

1. It only shows the first 20 users in the “Invite the new user to become friends with these people” section.
    2. Same 20 user appear in the “from this user” section.

Thanks!

geoffm33
    Participant

@geoffm33

Also, when I try to disable it I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function delete_blog_option() in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/welcome-pack/welcome-pack.php on line 55

@geoffm33 – ah yes I can instantly understand why. You can tell my test sites don’t often exceed 20 users! Sorry for this and I will get a fix out this evening.

And the delete_blog_option – I’m actually blaming this on BuddyPress as it has missed this function from its regular WordPress compatibility files. Again fix out this evening.. thanks very much for the feedback, it is appreciated.

geoffm33
    Participant

@geoffm33

@DJPaul my pleasure!

PJ
    Participant

@pjnu

@DJPaul, I customized the item under Settings, saved it, but users don’t get the applied welcome features when they join. It’s under a .com/blog1 setup. Nothing was sent to the user’s email address, and not automatic notifications showed up when the user logged in the first time (like previous versions).

I hope I can get it to work. It’s one of my favorite plugins.

I’ve just uploaded 1.61 to the WordPress repository. It fixes the uninstallation error on WordPress (not MU) and now lists up to 1000 users/groups in those selection boxes (once BP fixes a bug, I’ll update to list all user/groups for mega-huge sites).

Any other issues in this thread I’ll fix tomorrow after sleep *snore*

PJ
    Participant

@pjnu

Deactivated, uninstalled, reinstalled, activated and the admin part works… but when new users join, nothing happens. I’m not sure how to make the plugin work. Thanks.

geoffm33
    Participant

@geoffm33

Same issue here. Set it up and created a test account but no email was sent.

WP 2.9.2 and BP 1.2

Also, I needed to edit the plugin to allow up to 1000 listed in the message from pulldown so that I could select my user account.

Thanks!!

You two don’t need to tell me two or three times that you have issues. Like I said, prior to launch I tested it and it works fine for me. This evening I’ll give it a run through again. So none of the functionality works, or is it just email broken?

PJ
    Participant

@pjnu

The admin part of the site appear to work fine. When I select which person or group to add or the welcome message it says settings updated. It seems like an error with the sending of the email… or automatically adding the friend or group?

geoffm33
    Participant

@geoffm33

You two don’t need to tell me two or three times that you have issues. Like I said, prior to launch I tested it and it works fine for me….

Huh?

I mentioned the 20 user limitation in the dropdown, which you fixed, but not in the “message from” dropdown. So I mentioned that in my followup along with verifying there was an issue with the email being sent out in a different environment than the OP (which I couldn’t test until the 20 user limitation was fixed).

Ok I’ve been able to recreate this. Sorry for missing it on the initial release! I”ll fix it up this evening

Ok! New version coming up.

Fixed: User registration being ignored in most cases on WP installs.

Fixed: Welcome Message sender name not appearing on the message page (screenshot)

EDIT: Also fixed: Fixed error when updating wpmu-edit.php (MU only).

i need a .pot here, translation in french !!!

;)

Arthur Freitas had said he had made a GlotPress project for this, but I’m not sure of the URL (and it seems a lot of wordpress.com websites are down at the time of writing).

PJ
    Participant

@pjnu

Works perfectly DJPaul! Thank you! Keep up the great work.

Glad to hear it, pjnu! Thank you and everyone in this thread for the fantastic feedback.

bnt76
    Participant

@bnt76

Confirmed it works brilliantly thanks ever so much DJPaul!

danbpfr
    Participant

@chouf1

Hi all,

asked by nexia, a pot file for the welcome pack plugin is ready here:

http://bp-fr.net/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-group-documents/documents/1267797907-i18n-dwp.zip

in the zip you will also find a french translation.

i haven’t installed it so i’m not sure of the path and the file name.

i suppose dwp-xx_XX.mo in the i18n folder ?

Anyway the pot file is done

Bowe
    Participant

@bowromir

Paul.

I’m using WPMU 2.9 and the latest BP 1.2 release.. When I enable your plugin and sign up a new user the registration process goes fine, but no emails are sent out and thus registration is not possible. When I disable the plugin the registration emails do arrive, so something bad must happen somewhere.. I’ll try to pindown the problem :)

Paul Wong-Gibbs
    Keymaster

@djpaul

If you can that’d be appreciated. I’ll try to check it at lunch time sometime net week. Registering user in normal way?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘Welcome Pack enabled but doesn't seem to work’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar