Forum Replies Created
Metalhead, thanks again for this css code. It works great!
Thank you for your reply and solution. It would be great however if an option for this was officially implemented in Buddypress as it is an issue that allows malicious users to spam many users in one shot.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I too am looking to populate the Send To field on the PM compose page but have yet to find any solution.
I found the below also:
Are there any plans for the below:
– Official inclusion to Buddypress?
– Add the option so that when a user is blocked that only their private messages are blocked?
– Add the option so that when a user gets blocked they are not aware of it (shadow block)? In other words they will not receive any notification that they are being blocked.
Thank you for the link. I have also found the below:
I am leaning toward Buddyblock but would like to wait for this functionality to be introduced to the core product to ensure compatibility and support down the road. It will really bring Buddypress to another level to have this added in and it is very encouraging to hear they are considering to add it.
Thank you for your reply Paul. That is encouraging to hear! So “possibly” in one of the upcoming Buddypress releases. 🙂 I would not imagine it would be too much of a stretch to develop that but I suppose it is a matter of how best to develop it with the least impact to the existing ecosystem to ensure compatibility.
If I might add, the option to silently block/ignore someone would be a great benefit. This way the offending party (spammer, harasser, etc) do not know they are being blocked.
@shanebp. Thank you, I am considering BuddyBlock but am hopeful this functionality is added to the core component. Fingers crossed.
Loving Buddypress 2.1.1. My only big request would be with regard to Private messaging:
1. Allow users to ignore (silently block) users from private messaging them. For example, if you receive a PM from a user you do not wish to converse with (troll, spammer or some other form of harassment) you can simply click “ignore” or “block” to block this user(s). The offending user is not made aware of this and future PM’s send by this person are simply not seen by the recipient while keeping the offender unaware.
Users can edit their block/ignore list to remove/add users from it.
2. Provide site admins the option to prevent users from PM’ing multiple users at the same time.
That’s pretty much it. A simple request that would have a positive impact IMO. Looking forward to the next release. TThanks.