Categories
Search
Bottom

1.8.1 not working in chrome

• artabria
    Participant

@artabria

just updated to BP1.8.1 (WP3.6) ando not working on chrome browser

an <body class=”customize-support” style> line appears in <head> of my template when shows pages: activity, profile…

it works fine on IE, Firefox and Safari (PC & Mac)… only fails in chrome browsers and only on pages with buddypress content…

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• aces
    Participant

@aces

artabria
    Participant

@artabria

thankyou for answering, aces…

please visit http://www.english4you.es/members/andrew/ for a example. This is what is happening

html code looks fine (CTRL+U) and all posts in http://www.english4you.es are working ok

only bp pages breaks because a <body class=”customize-support” style> line appears in <head>

for you to see that you please right click on mouse and inspect element body… thanks.

aces
    Participant

@aces

@artabria

Looking at the Chrome source code ( f12 ) I can see something has gone wrong, as most of the header has dropped to the body section and instead an old version of jquery has been added as well as the current version added later. This is bound to cause problems.

The only other thing there is shareaholic-analytics.js being loaded. Does the same thing happen if you disable that plugin?

If not then you need to do basic troubleshooting such as checking with bp default theme or a known good theme such as twentytwelve. If that doesn’t work try disabling all plugins except buddypress and see if the error goes away, then re-enabling 1 by 1 until the problem occurs.

artabria
    Participant

@artabria

Yes… page do the same with no plugins except buddypress… only in Chrome:
    All buddypress pages wrong: activity, stteings, profile…

It works fine over all browsers: IE, Firefox, Safari (Mac & PC)
    …& working OK with buddypress default theme in Chrome!

Please back to the link http://www.english4you.es/members/andrew/ and read source code (CTRL+U)… you will see that <head></head> is correctly passed to the browser but wrong rendered… cannot guess reason for this!

Well you are best placed to investigate, trouble shoot, not us so going back to link probably pointless, although on quick inspection you haven’t got any head tags!!

You should have also tested things by activating a theme such as twentytwelve, known to work ok with BP to see if that resolves issue, have you tried that?

artabria
    Participant

@artabria

Yes… it works OK with buddypress default theme… and with mine too, over all the rest internet browsers. HTML code is OK (CTRL+U) only Chrome is doing this.

Now i’m trying to make my theme a child from buddypress default… and it doesn’t work; it makes the same thing: puts the <body> on the top of my <head> code… only in chrome and only in bp pages…

Then there’s something very wrong but I’m afraid it isn’t a BP issue, and not one I’ve ever run across.

artabria
    Participant

@artabria

yes… it seems to be a Chrome issue…

artabria
    Participant

@artabria

Or not… WP_HEAD() in WP3.6 & only in chrome; places the <body> exactly before the first body item it finds on the code

For some reason… there is an space ” “, which is what F12 shows; on top my <head> only when browser shows bp pages…

artabria
    Participant

@artabria

OK… it works!

just putting wp_head() before </head> and wp_footer() after </body>… os dismiss wp_footer()…

😉

i cannot understand why… but i’m happy!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘1.8.1 not working in chrome’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar