404 on everything except home. sweet home.
i can’t get bp running. it installs fine, i can configure it in my wp dashboard but the webpages don’t work.
heck, even the blog is crippled. only the home page works.
when i deactivate the bp plugin and change the theme, everything is fine.
i tried modding the htaccess file in numerous ways, without succes.
what can i do? i read about something to change in apache, but i don’t own the server…?
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running?
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install?
in the root
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version?
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
the blog worked, posting, etc.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
1.2.3 (it’s not running) clean install
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
standard BuddyPress Default 1.2.3
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
i get 404 errors everywhere except on the index/home page
14. Which company provides your hosting?
you can check it out on http://www.ethicalimprovement.be
i checked the permalinks when buddypress is disabled.
default works, the rest doesn’t.
i have, however, other wordpress-blogs with the same hosting-provider and they do have the pretty permalinks.
trying to copy the htaccess file from a working blog, didn’t help.
i guess this is not really a buddypress problem after all?
i added index.php to the permalink ( /index.php/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/) and now the blog works. with the permalinks. but still no buddypress.
Hi – did u solve this? I have installed BP 1.2.3 onto WP 3.0 beta 2 and it works final on localhost, but I am getting 404’s on all the BP pages on my live site. I have tried all kinds of permalinks settings, but nothing works. I suppose 1.2.3 is not ready for WP 3.0 but I did have this working locally? Very strange. ny pointers anyone? Thanks
i’m waiting for response from my provider.
buddypress works on my other domains i rent there, so maybe something’s wrong with my account.
i’m not on 3.0 beta, and it’s not solved yet:)
It sounds like a permalink issue. @malik, you said that when you switched your WP permalinks to something other than the default, WP stopped working. It’s probably the case that your provider is missing mod_rewrite or otherwise does not have the correct server configuration to support WP permalinks (which are, in turn, required for BP). Here is the page on permalinks from the WP Codex; there are technical details in the second part of the page: https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks
- The topic ‘404 on everything except home. sweet home.’ is closed to new replies.