[Resolved] Activity comments post blank until refresh
website: localhost dev site using MAMP
I am building a member home page that includes a group activity stream to provide a group “wall” sort of experience. To do this, I made a copy of the ‘activity’ folder from bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress and placed it in my theme folder. Then in my member homepage template, I included an activity stream by adding:
<?php locate_template( array( 'activity/index.php' ), true, false ); ?>
Everything on the activity feed works, including adding, favoriting, and deleting status updates, but when a member comments on a status update, the comment is added, animation and all, but with no content – just ‘replied’ and the ‘Reply’ button, as shown here:
However, after a manual refresh, the comment is there with all its content, working perfectly.
I have found several others posting with similar problems, but no solutions that have worked for me:
- no solution found: http://buddypress.org/support/topic/group-comment-doesnt-appear-before-refresh/
- only happens with bp album (which I’m not using): http://buddypress.org/support/topic/photo-comment-replies-not-working-correctly-ajax/
- only happens with private groups, no solutions: http://buddypress.org/support/topic/comment-on-private-groups-updates-in-activity-stream-not-displaying-correctly-on-1-6/
- found some custom code causing the problem: http://buddypress.org/support/topic/comment-content-not-showing/
What I’ve Tried
I’ve tried disabling all other plugins and removing all custom functions from my theme, and there was no change. I can’t try it in a different theme, since the problem IS my theme. The problem only occurs in my custom template. When I go to the group’s page, or to a member’s page, commenting works perfectly.
Thanks for reading!
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Activity comments post blank until refresh’ is closed to new replies.