BuddyPress and Multi-Site issues
Multi Site is WPMU plugin to enable having multiple main sites on different domain ( and also creating new blogs under those domains).
http://wspinacze.pl and http://climbers-blog.org –
– to enable registration of blogs on both domain i moved back to wp-signup.php due to redirection issues (in fact register works only on first domain – same with blogs, members. groups)
– buddypress part is only avaiable on wspinacze.pl domain – do you have any idea to show it on both domains? if yes – what about different language on each domain?
– i\\\’m not sure if that is really what i want to do – but does anybody have an idea how to separate buddypress part for each domain? in fact that would mean that only users are same across all domains.
– there was a problem with logging to second domain through adminbar (it always uses first domain) – my solution was to do:
remove_action( \\\’bp_adminbar_menus\\\’, \\\’bp_adminbar_login_menu\\\’, 2 );
add_action( \\\’bp_adminbar_menus\\\’, \\\’my_bp_adminbar_login_menu\\\’, 2 );
where my_… is function with proper url
– what about enabling buddypress plugin on second domain? it makes possible using of buddypress widgets but isn\\\’t there any danger of overwriting data saved on first domain?
As You can see- if somebody needs to have multiple domains with one buddypress – it\\\’s quite easy to achieve…
(using buddypress rc2, wpmu 2.7.1, still not integrated bbpress, many additional plugins)
- The topic ‘BuddyPress and Multi-Site issues’ is closed to new replies.