group membership: double membership bug?
One of my group members somehow has TWO entries for his name in the group’s Members list. I wrote him this:
“It looks like youâ€™re in this group twice. I was going to try to delete one of you, but it looks like the only option is â€œKick and Banâ€. â€¦ So let me know when you see this, and Iâ€™ll attempt to delete one instance of you in this forum. Just saying in case […]”
He wrote back:
“I think you invited me to join. Then when I went to the page, the invitation wasnâ€™t there, so I requested membership. Before you accepted my request, I realized that I could accept your original invitation by following the link from the e-mail. Then you accepted my request to join. Voila! Double membership! Now do I get 2 votes?”
1. Which version of WP/MU are you running? 2.9.2
2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install? subdomain
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? n/a
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version? hmm… 1.1 I think
5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. YES
6. Which version of BP are you running? 1.2.1
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? hmm… 1.1 I think (again)
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? yep. several, including BP Links and BP Classifieds
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? child theme closely based on the new 1.2.1 theme
10. Have you modified the core files in any way? NO!!
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? no. I have a replacement for bp_post_author_avatar() that is in the child theme’s functions.php file
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? built in
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. nothing special
14. Which company provides your hosting? site5
- The topic ‘group membership: double membership bug?’ is closed to new replies.