Having trouble changing an Avatar with POST method
1. Which version of WPMU are you running?
2.8.4 (running under PHP-5.3, under PHP-FPM)
2. Did you install WPMU as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WPMU? If so, from which version?
No, this is clean install of both WPMU and Buddypress
5. Was WPMU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress?
Both are still basically functioning correctly, with one currently known problem
6. Which version of BuddyPress (BP) are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
No, clean install
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
Yes, video_widget, everything else deactivated for now.
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
Standard, slight css tweaks in custom.css
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
Not running, not installed
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
Most things seem to work fine. I suspect I have NginX rewrite rules that are causing the problem, but I’m using the same templates that others are claiming success with, and they do seem to do exactly what the .htaccess rewrite rules for Apache are intending to do.
It seems that all of my GET’s work fine.
I am trying to change the Avatar for the admin account. That uses a POST. That POST traces through the rewrite rules and gets passed to PHP rewritten as:
and it seems that the appropriate payload for the POST is indeed being passed along.
Document root is set correctly as well, so /index.php should be found. In fact, in all GET methods, it is correctly found, and renders the page correctly.
On the POST, I get a 404:
[26/Oct/2009:19:13:03 -0400] “POST /members/admin/profile/change-avatar/ HTTP/1.1″ 404 5 “http://songsandjingles.com/members/admin/profile/change-avatar/”
Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
I also run normal WP on the same server, different domain, under NginX, with PHP-FPM and that runs perfectly.
- The topic ‘Having trouble changing an Avatar with POST method’ is closed to new replies.