Menu Tab Names Won't Change. How do I Change Them?
Genesis Child Theme with Genesis Connect for BuddyPress template files installed.
I’ve spent the last few days trying to change the titles of 3 menu items: Global ‘Activity’ to ‘All Activity’, personal ‘Activity’ to ‘My Stream’ and ‘Friends’ to ‘My Friends’. I need to change them wherever they occur in the site.
- Have tried to change the titles using bp-custom.php in /wp-content/plugins.
- Have tried changing them by adding code to my theme’s function.php file.
- Have looked in the .pot language file for instances of the tab names.
- Have looked in the Genesis Connect template files for places to edit.
I have found a few guides throughout the BuddyPress forums and looked through Google for solutions. But I just do not seem to be able to change the menu tab names.
Can someone please advise the correct way to change them.
Thanks but I had a look in the .pot language file for the menu tab names but couldn’t find them. I could add the required lines to the .pot file but then I’d need to know which files and on which lines the tab names appear in(?). Would you happen to know which files I should be looking in?
you probably try to modify the buddypress.po file. It would be better you use the po file who comes with your genesis theme. Also don’t forget to save the modified po file with poEdit to generate the mandatory mo file
The pot file contains the translatable strings and the file names/numbers who they are.
The po file has exactly the same content + translated strings
The mo file is the compiled po file
The translation is executed by PHP’s gettext function who read the compiled mo file. Po and Pot files are human readable files and aren’t necessary to be on the server.
- The topic ‘Menu Tab Names Won't Change. How do I Change Them?’ is closed to new replies.