Multisite Registration / Change From BP Prmary
Hello, this is may be a unique issue. If not, please link me, because I did several searches and didn’t uncover anything.
– I have BuddyPress and bbPress installed on my WordPress Multisite.
– bbPress is only Activated on a subsite, in this case /forum, and BuddyPress is Network Activated.
– The Primary Site for BuddyPress is /Forum – meaning User Registrations and Groups are handled on this SubSite with bbPress. (intro users should know this is done using your wp-config.php file)
– I have a handful of Plugins capable of displaying content from BuddyPress (/Forum) Network Wide — which is an absolutely superb way of managing and attracting users on other SubSites to /forum.
Is there a plugin or registration setup method to have my REGISTRATIONS occur from the http://www.sample.com Core Network Site, as opposed to linking users all the way to /forum to do so?
Users paying attention to the URL may get thrown off, even more-so if they were registering for primary functionality on the /store, which is also BuddyPress integrated. I have a lot of SubSites – and I want registration to occur on a different site than the primary.
The alternative would be still having full groups functionality integration with bbPress while having the BuddyPress Primary Site be the root. I imagine that would be much more difficult.
Every Site has it’s purpose. I’m an advanced user, just seeking a solution here first while building up to the task/working on other elements – don’t be afraid to get “insanely complicated”. Thanks for any feedback!
- The topic ‘Multisite Registration / Change From BP Prmary’ is closed to new replies.