Need some theme testers
Hiya! I have a pretty simple & basic theme that I’d like people to test before it is released officially.
The feedback I’m looking for is:
– things I forgot (BP elements, for example)
– styling issues, both in BP areas & widgets
Also, please test it with BP active and NOT active. If someone wants to toss it on a single WP install, I’m expecting it to also work.
I started to upload it to my testserver… I’ll take a look and answer later!
Buddypress theme… WOW … I hope it is a nice one!
First of all thanks for the clean theme.
here is what I found.
1.The site.com/blog will not work with this theme if buddypress is enabled.
Please have a look the function “bp_dtheme_show_home_blog” inside bp-sn-parent,copying pasting ,that section will make it work.
2.On the profile page, a little bit more styling of userbar and optionsbar (yeh,I mean margin padding) will be nice.
Overall ,this looks good and is very clean.
I appreciate your hard work.
Edit: Spelling corrected
Good catch on point #1.
Edit: now I know what I was thinking there… it’s gotta work on regular WP/MU sites too, so the BP function alone won’t cut it. I’ll figure it out tho. The point of that menu item is for people who want the main blog shuffled off the front page and/or users in a subfolder install of MU where the /blog/ is in the permalink anyway.
tested it, but hum, saw nothing… maybe it was just not working on my installation…
could you provide a screenshot to see if it fits?
btw, i like skeletons we can use to apply variations/themes to them…
Did you see nothing as in a blank screen? Or nothing as in no BP stuff?
It should look like this site: http://mamacommune.net/
Argh, I also forgot the directory searches.
ok, so it look like that… it was not “nothing-nothing” but more that i thought it was a “style”, not a skeleton… now that i’m happy to see it is a skeleton…
Hi Andrea_r, waiting for videos to your session/s at http://wordpress.tv/event/wordcamp-new-york/
I tested your theme in a site under development.
WPMU 18.104.22.168 + BP 1.1.2 + bbpress installed via BP one click
Main site with MU Sitewide Tags Pages
BuddyPress main site in blog-ID-2 at http://members.example.org/
Thank you for the clean theme. Without looking at code, i.e., checking it out like a newbie who activated the theme, following are some quick notes:
1. wp-admin-bar – Text (e.g. Org Members) of link to BuddyPress site ( http://members.example.com) shows up in backend (dashboard etc) but does not show up in front end. The link block is there and clickable to main BP site, but the text does not show up. Still, the wp-admin-bar shows correct links to main BP site, etc. throughout the site including sub-blogs.
2. Footer widgets only showing up in only in blog areas – is this the intention?
3. h1 – cannot find it anywhere in the theme. Need at least one h1 per Post or Page
4. Main Nav – link to Forums was not generated to show BP main site nor other subblogs nor main site, while link to a newly activated “Events” plugin page was generated to show in the main nav across all sites. (the link to Forum shows up in this install when I use child theme)
5. Main Nav – like the official bp-child theme, activating the theme in sub-blog for groups or individual members does not show correct links to main BP site features like member/group/blog directory. In order for one theme to be used throughout the site, conditional statement will be needed to show correct links to main BP site conjoined with respective blog’s navigation links.
Quick scan in main BP site (blog_id_2) to see how theme works in different sections
6. Members Section
– directory page – 2 columns – ok
- My own admin individual profile page – skeleton set up with 2 columns where in left column is avatar, options bar and user bar boxes. But there is a large space on the right side as if missing a 3rd column. Checked links in options bar resulted in two columns with links except the ff which has a missing left column – Edit Profile page, Change Avatar page
- If I click on another member’s individual profile page – left column as two user bar boxes unlike the link to my profile which has the options bar and user bar. In addition, when I also am missing the left column with options/users boxes in Blogs link page, Friends link page, Groups link pages plus the Events link page is incorrect and goes to front page of site
7. Groups Section
– directory page – 2 columns – ok
– Group individual page – skeleton set up with 2 columns – but there is a large space on the right side as if missing a 3rd column plus the page is missing all sub-navigations for Creating a Group, Creating forums etc
That’s it for now. As mentioned above, didn’t look at codes “behind the scenes” at this point, only the functionality if newbie user activated it.
- The topic ‘Need some theme testers’ is closed to new replies.